Precious Puggles!

6 Feb

DSC_8938DSC_8944

I love Puggles because they are very energetic and their coat is very fine and silky. A Puggle is a dog that is a cross between a Pug and a Beagle. It is often called a designer dog which is mixed breeds. The Puggle was first bred in the 1990s.  They have the wrinkles of a Pug and the long muzzle and ears of a Beagle. I think the longer muzzle must make breathing easier. Most Puggles are 13-15 inches tall at the shoulder and weigh 18-30 pounds. The toy size Puggles only weigh 8- 17 pounds.

I have a Puggle and he is 3 months old. He is like the Beagle and has a lot a energy. When he is tired he snores like a Pug. He really cute so you can’t be mad at him if he is naughty. Another cool thing is that his skin is too big for his body. So if you grab his back you get a handful of skin and it makes him harder to hold if he is wiggly.

Puggles may be stubborn to train so we are taking a puppy class. Puggles also like to dig and they act like they are always hungry. They gobble their food. If you have a Puggle make sure you don’t overfeed them.

To get a healthy dog never by a puppy from a irresponsible breeder or a puppy mill. Do you research like we did!

An interesting fact about a Puggle is that they can be howlers and a tendency to wander. Our Puggle also has a tendency to find my Mom’s red boots and poop on them.

I hope you get a chance to hug a Puggle sometime.

Go Crazy for Animals!

Dylan

DSC_8942 buddy

7 Responses to “Precious Puggles!”

1. Noel February 6, 2014 at 6:22 pm #

GREAT JOB Dylan

2. Mr. G February 6, 2014 at 6:24 pm #

Great job Dylan! I am glad you found time to write about something you love during your vacation! I too am a dog lover and enjoyed reading your posting about your Puggle. What a unique breed! Continue to have fun and share more if you can!
    Mr. G

3. Mary Beth Brewer February 6, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

Don’t you just love your new dog?? I did not know about this cute designer breed so thank you for telling me about them.

4. Wayne E. Jordan February 6, 2014 at 9:45 pm #

Dylan, we were glad to find out a little more about Puggles. We hope the training is going well and that he won’t chew up too many shoes or have too many accidents.
    Daddy Wayne and Gigi

5. Alyssa February 6, 2014 at 11:45 pm #

Great article Dylan! Your puggle is so cute! When your mom first posted a picture of him I got major puppy envy and puppy fever haha. You are absolutely an Animal Dictionary! I still brag to my friends about how much I learned from you about animals while I was your nanny. I miss you and your family so much! Tell everyone hi! xoxo – Alyssa

6. Beth Jarman February 10, 2014 at 4:58 pm #

I did not know about Puggles, so thank you for the informative article! Have you been to training during your track out? I love puppies, and your article reminded me of why, but I have to remember they are a lot of work, too! I do have a question, after seeing the pictures – is your puppy a Wolfpack fan or a Tarheel?!

7. Scientist Craig February 11, 2014 at 9:43 pm #

Hey Dylan, your blog is awesome! You have done a great job with informing people about different animals. I was always interested in animals growing up too, so I think this is a great way to get people educated. I love the advice about looking for responsible breeders, since there are some people that take advantage of that. I look forward to reading some of your other posts. Hope your school year is going well and hopefully we get to see you again at another camp.